General Psychologist (Clinical Registrar)
- Alana is a Generally Registered, Clinical Psychology Registrar who practices with a very warm therapeutic style. The understanding that perception creates reality is fundamental within her practice, and guides her non-judgmental and strengths-based approach. Alana prioritises safe and trusting therapeutic relationships in all the work she does. Alana’s skill lies in getting to know her client’s unique experiences, and then tailoring an evidenced based intervention to meet their specific needs, which she delivers with her genuine and caring manner. For this reason, Alana gains a number of clients via word of mouth.
- Alana completed her Masters of Clinical Psychology at Griffith University, where she trained in evidence-based interventions including Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Schema Therapy, and Solution Focused Therapy. As a Member of the Australian Psychological Society and completing her clinical endorsement, Alana has extended her clinical training with senior psychologists in the field, and in doing so has accumulated breadth and depth in her therapeutic practice. In addition to this, Alana is currently working towards certification with the International Centre for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy (ICEEFT) as an Emotionally Focused Therapist.
- Alana has experience supporting clients of all ages, including children, adolescents, adults, and older adults, and has worked in private practice, community mental health, disability, and within corrections. Alana has expertise treating a variety of presenting issues, including:
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Substance Use
- Low Self-Esteem
- Relationship Concerns
- Anger Management
- Life Transitions
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)