- Meryan is a clinical psychologist with a warm manner, collaborative approach, and passion for her work. She has worked in counselling, advocacy, teaching, and research roles, in hospital, community, education, and private settings. Meryan’s diverse training and employment history reflects her innate curiosity about the experiences of people from all walks of life.
- Meryan uses evidence-based frameworks and tailors her approach to suit each clients’ individual needs and experiences. She draws from Interpersonal Therapy (IPT), Emotionally-Focussed Couple Therapy (EFCT), Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), and Psychodynamic frameworks.
- Meryan believes that some of the most important ingredients for recovery and growth are to feel heard, valued, connected, and safe. She ensures a supportive environment for open discussion and reflection, allowing her clients to process unwanted emotions, understand experiences, alter relationships, grieve losses, build hope and/or plan for the future.
- Meryan sees adolescent and adults across the life-span, and works with individuals, couples and families. She specialises in helping people resolve relationship difficulties, adjust to life changes and heal from traumatic experiences. She also has an interest in working with people who have experienced challenges as a result of their diversity.
- Meryan offers online and in-person sessions at Morningside on a Monday.